Expression of Thanking
Thanking is expression to say thank to someone else
Expression to thank are :
If we want more formal we can say:
Responeses for Thank:
Expression of Compliment
Expression Compliment is an expression that we say to express or give praise to someone else.
Expression for Complimenting there are:
· You look cute with that t-shirt
· What a ...!
· That’s a very nice...
· I like your ...
· You’re looking good
· You’re looking pretty
· I would like to compliment you on...
We can Responses like that:
· Thank you for saying so
· Yours is even nicer
· Oh not really
· How kind of you to say so.
Expression of Congratulations
Congratulation is an expression that we use to give the congratulation when she or he succeeds in doing something.
· I’d be the first to congratulate you on...
· I’d like to congratulate you on …
· Please accept my warmest congratulations.
· May I congratulate you on …
· I must congratulate you.
· It was great to hear about …
· Congratulations on …
· Well done
· Nice done, congratulations!
· It’s very good of you to say so.
· How nice of you to say so.
· Thank you very much for saying so.
· I’m glad you think so.
· Oh, it’s nothing special actually.
· Oh, I have a lot to learn yet.
· Thank you.
· Oh, not really.
· Oh, nothing to it, actually.
· Oh, thanks.
Expression of Surprise
Sometimes you see or hear something that you were not expecting. Maybe it's an unexpected event or a piece of information. Here are ten expressions that show how surprised you are.
· I was shocked to hear …
· We’re all in complete shock …
· I don’t believe it!
· Are you serious?
· We were completely taken aback by …
· Everyone’s reeling from the shock of …
· The news came as a complete shock.
· Who could have predicted it?
· I (just) can’t get over …
Expression of Disbelief
· It’s unbelievable.
· I just can’t imagine
· There’s no way it could have happened.
· Words can’t describe …
· I don’t believe it.
· It can’t be true.
· I can’t think of it.
· I don’t trust you.
· I really not suppose that
Expression of Invitation
Invitations is invited someone to come to a program like a graduation etc.
· Would you like to…?
· I would very happy if…?
· We would be delighted if you…?
· Would you care to..?
· We would be pleased if you could…?
· Would you care to…?
· That’s very kind of you
· We’d like very much to….
· What a delightful idea
· With the greatest pleasure
· Thank you very much for inviting me
· It’s delightful to….
· I’m very sorry, I don’t
· Think I can.
· I’d like to, but ….
· I’m afraid I’ve
· Already promised….
· Thank you for asking me, but ….
· Unfortunately , I can’t….
What is Narrative Text?
Narrative text is a kind of text to retell the story that past tense. The purpose of the text is to entertain or to amuse the readers or listeners about the story.
The generic structure of Narrative text :
1. Orientation : It set the scene and introduce the participants (it answers the question : who, when, what, and where).
2. Complication : Tells the problems of the story and how the main characters solve them.
3. Resolution : The crisis is revolved, for better or worse.
4. Re-orientation : The ending of the story. Maybe, happy ending or sad ending.
5. Evaluation : The stepping back to evaluate the story or the moral message of the story
Linguistic features :
1. Use active verbs.
2. Use past tense.
3. Use conjunction (and, then, after that, next, etc)
Also Temporal conjunction, like: once upon a time, one day, long time ago, …
4. The first person (I or We) or the third person (He, She, or They).
5. Use specific nouns.
6. Use adjective and adverbs
Kind of Narrative text :
1. Legend : Sangkuriang, Malin Kundang, etc.
2. Fable : Mousedeer and crocodile.
3. Fairy tale : Cinderella, Snow white, Pinocchio, etc.
5. Short story
6. Real-life drama
10. Science Fiction
Example of Narrative:
A long time ago, there lived a young couple, a man and his wife. His wife was expecting their baby. She wanted a plant that only grew in her neighbor's garden. She wanted it so much. She even intended to steal it herself, but later on, she sent herhusband to steal it. Unfortunately, Mother Gothel, the owner of the garden, caught him doing it. She was a witch. Then mother Gothel forced couple to give their first baby to her.
A few months later, the baby was born. It was a girl named Rapunzel. Soon, this baby was taken away to live with Mother Gothel. Rapunzel grew to be a beautiful young girl with her long goldy hair. She, at first, was cared in a normal way. When she reached puberty, she was locked in a tower so that she would never leave mother Gothel. The tower stood in the forest. It could only be entered by climbing on Rapunzel's long hair. To cheer herself up, she loved to sing.
One day, a young prince was out hunting. He stumbles upon the tower. He heard Rapunzel'sbeautiful voice. He decided that he must meet her. He spied and by watching Mother Gothel, learned the words he had to say to have Rapunzel drop her hair. The prince visited her often and the two fell in love.
Then, Rapunzel made a plan to escape from the tower. She wanted to be with the prince. She asked the prince to bring her a skein of silk each time visited. She might weave a ladder for her escape. Unfortunately, mother Gothel caught on. Then she banished Rapunzel to the desert. She threw the prince from the tower into a thorny bush. The thorns made the prince blind and he roamed the earth searching for his love.
Eventually, they found each other, and the prince's eyes were healed by Rapunzel's tears of happiness.